Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Importing PowerPoint Slides

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bob TobeyImporting PowerPoint Slides
by on Mar 30, 2009 at 7:05:43 pm

I'd like to produce some training videos and use my powerpoint slides instead of retyping everything in Final Cut...can I do this? Do I lose quality? (when I imported powerpoint as JPEG into IMovie, the words were very blurry)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Zane BarkerRe: Importing PowerPoint Slides
by on Mar 30, 2009 at 10:59:35 pm

Open the Power Point files with Apples Keynote. Keynote will actually let you export video files of your presentation.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: Importing PowerPoint Slides
by on Mar 31, 2009 at 1:43:11 pm

You can try to export from powerpoint as tif files, then import the tif files into FCP. Tif are bigger files with more quality than jpegs.

Yes, you can use powerpoint as your CG source. There's better ways to go, but this is certainly valid.

Don't forget that you can highlight>copy>paste text from powerpoint or a script text file into your CG, and vice-versa, so you don't *have* to re-type anything, just cut and paste.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave JohnsonRe: Importing PowerPoint Slides
by on Mar 31, 2009 at 7:05:31 pm

Two other issues you'll want to keep in mind when using PowerPoint slides in video: aspect ratio and safe title.

PowerPoint is intended for computer viewing only so PowerPoint slides are square pixel ... video is generally rectangular pixel so watch out for distortion.

Again, because PowerPoint is intended for computer viewing, it doesn't conform to video standards like safe title and safe action. So, if you don't leave ample space surrounding all of your PowerPoint slides, you will either have to shrink them down in your video or accept that some text/info will get chopped off by the video safe areas.

It's fairly easy to build a PowerPoint presentation that takes the above and similar issues into account and will, therefore, transfer to video relatively easily, but that's very different from taking any PowerPoint presentation and converting it to video.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Amanda SchreinerRe: Importing PowerPoint Slides
by on Feb 18, 2010 at 3:35:15 am

Please help.

How do i deal with this as written above?

PowerPoint is intended for computer viewing only so PowerPoint slides are square pixel ... video is generally rectangular pixel so watch out for distortion.

I have video that is not square pixel - of a person talking in a seminar. I have to overlay power point slides that I have exported as jpegs - they are square pixels. Can the final exported video have both in there? do I need to convert either the jpegs to NTSC standard pixel size, or do i have to convert the video to square?

I need both to be crisp! currently the slides dont look too great when encoded as FLV.

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated. I have struggled with this for a long time!!!

Thank you,
Amanda

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]