Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Removing video effect.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bruce RawlingsRemoving video effect.
by on Aug 19, 2008 at 6:45:54 am

I'm new to FCP from Avid and cannot find way of removing a cross dissolve or video effect from the video timeline - I know it must be a simple procedure, but......

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Don GreeningRe: Removing video effect.
by on Aug 19, 2008 at 7:59:53 am

Highlight the clip you want to remove the effect from and choose "Remove Attributes" from the Edit menu. To remove a cross dissolve just highlight it and hit the delete key. I can't remember if it's important for both of the above but make sure you have the selection tool active otherwise you may not be able to select the cross dissolve to delete it.

- Don

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bruce RawlingsRe: Removing video effect.
by on Aug 19, 2008 at 10:17:45 am

Thanks Don.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David thayerRe: Removing video effect.
by on Apr 16, 2009 at 8:42:17 am

I have a clip onto which I have stretched the cross dissolve over the entire clip. I can neither delete the cross dissolve nor move the clip. If I select the clip I can only delete the entire clip. The right-click attributes are different when the cross dissolve covers the entire clip. Zooming in doesn't help either. I cannot find a handle on which to shorten the cross dissolve. What am I to do?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom WolskyRe: Removing video effect.
by on Apr 16, 2009 at 11:28:52 am

Double click on the transition to open it into the viewer. Shorten it there so you can grab it.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rob HargreavesRe: Removing video effect.
by on Jun 14, 2010 at 9:25:40 am

Hi
Is there a way to remove a video effect (Color Corrector 3-way) from a clip I accidently added (dragged) it to in the browser window as there is not option to "Remove Attributes" as you would from the timeline?
Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David Roth WeissRe: Removing video effect.
by on Jun 14, 2010 at 2:50:55 pm

If you double click and load the clip with the filter into the viewer, you can go into the filter tab, click on the filter you wish to remove to highlight it, and hit delete to remove the offending filter.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

EPK Colorist - UP IN THE AIR - nominated for six academy awards

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rob HargreavesRe: Removing video effect.
by on Jun 16, 2010 at 3:11:00 pm

Thanks for the reply David, I'm using FCP 7.02 and I followed your instructions and it's doesn't work. I am using a Macbook Pro so I've tried CMD+BackSpace, Option+Backspace, Ctrl+Backspace, Shift+Backspace & Backspace while the filter is highlighted in the Viewer but I'm seemingly unable to remove/delete it.

Any further thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]