Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

1 hr movie on a laptop?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Brian Dugan1 hr movie on a laptop?
by on Jan 26, 2007 at 9:07:24 pm

Pulling my hair out!
I have an uncompressed 161 gig (1 hour) QT Movie (NTSC Size) created in FCX
that needs to be playable off a common windows laptop.

When I test a simple 500mg movie (sor3) on the laptop it barely runs, playing with QT Player.

Is there anything I can do to ensure when I give this to my client (gotta make multiple copies)
it will play well?

[I originally made it into a DVD, but for some reason the projector they are using will not display the movie
but it worked great on the laptop screen)

Thanks for any thoughts

Brian

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David BattistellaRe: 1 hr movie on a laptop?
by on Jan 27, 2007 at 9:16:18 pm

Hey Brian,

I can completely understand why this movie would not play back from the book drive on the laptop. Maybe try copying it to a Firewire raid with at least a FW800 speed port.

You are asking the machine to play an uncompressed file from a drive that is 5400rpm and is also running the operating system. Most machines will not do this.

If you ahve to play it as a file then you might want to use DVCPRO50 as the compressor to playback that file, but move it off the boot drive if you want reliability.

David

Peace and Love :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]