Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

importing motion into FCP, sudden frame shrink

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
original Idiotimporting motion into FCP, sudden frame shrink
by on Dec 13, 2006 at 4:49:06 am

I imported a file made in motion into FCP, but in playback there is a sudden frame shrink (vertical, none horizontial) when the motion clip is played. Am I missing something? Is the clip unrendered? I have no clue how to even start to look for the source of this problem.

Advice, please..

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David BattistellaRe: importing motion into FCP, sudden frame shrink
by on Dec 13, 2006 at 5:07:25 am

Idiot, (god that is satisfying!)

Check your render settings in motion and also look in the browser in FCPE to make sure your file from motion has the same frame size, frame rate, etc as the sequence you are cutting it into. If the info beside the file is different than you can bet it was not rendered correctly.

David

Peace and Love :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

original IdiotRe: importing motion into FCP, sudden frame shrink
by on Dec 13, 2006 at 5:08:02 pm

I didn't even render in motion, I just made the clip then imported it into FCP5. I didn't see any option for rendering in the pulldown menus in motion. The only thing I saw that could have anything to do with frame size was the project preset which I set at NTSC DV. Wonder if I should change it to NTSC broadcast SD?

Thanks..

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]