Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Multiclips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
CanadianGuyMulticlips
by on Aug 10, 2006 at 10:35:20 pm

Two issues I have questions regarding multiclips:

1) I filmed an event with two cameras (DVX100B's, so the timecode is in sync). Both cameras used two tapes so when I imported I have a few clips from each camera. I want to be able to edit as a multiclip. Is there a way to combine the clips from one camera into one large clip so that I only have two clips for the multiclip (one from each camera)?

2) Out of my 2 cameras, I got 4 channels of audio. I want all 4 channels in the timeline in their entirety and then I will cut back and forth from 1 camera's video to the other. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Don GreeningRe: Multiclips
by on Aug 11, 2006 at 4:01:25 am

[CanadianGuy] "Is there a way to combine the clips from one camera into one large clip so that I only have two clips for the multiclip (one from each camera)?"

Don't know. What I would do in this case is to make a multiclip for each of the corresponding tapes from the 2 cameras. But you already knew that, right? Since you said that your timecode was sync'd it shouldn't be too much of a problem to do this little task.

[CanadianGuy] "I want all 4 channels in the timeline in their entirety and then I will cut back and forth from 1 camera's video to the other."

Put your clips into the timeline and sync them just like the old days before multiclips. Then take your multiclips and frame match them to the tracks already in the timeline. Put the multiclips above the other clips. Mute the multiclip audio and you'll have your 4 audio tracks always active while still using the multicllip feature.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]