Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

combining source material

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Stefinycombining source material
by on Jun 22, 2006 at 5:43:21 pm

I have imported three different source materials into FCP 5. Uncompressed 8 bit 4:22, DVDVCPRO-NTSC 16 bit integer, and 32 bit Floating Point. It obviously have two different looks when I export. I don't know how to give a uniform look and sound for the sequence. How do I do this? Also the Uncompressed 8 bit gives me trouble when I try to export a quicktime movie. I tried Quicktime conversion using the Uncompressed 8 bit 4:2:2 (which worked) but I want to be sure that the whole sequence exports correctly. What do I do?

One last question: My keyboard went blank when trying to use shortcuts. I went to default... nothing there. So I manually put some commands back. Fine. Is there an easier way to take care of this?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tom MeeganRe: combining source material
by on Jun 23, 2006 at 7:14:35 am

Hi Stefiny,

Your best bet for matching source material once it is in FCP is probably to use the Color Correcter 3-Way filter (Effects > Video Filters > Color Correction > Color Corrector 3-Way.)

Matching footage is part art and part science

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

stefinyRe: combining source material
by on Jun 29, 2006 at 6:38:19 pm

My problem is that I actually imported some clips with a 4:3 ratio. So now my footage is mixed. I would like it to all to be 4:3. Can I change the 16:9 to 4:3. How would you do it?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David BattistellaRe: combining source material
by on Jun 29, 2006 at 7:38:52 pm

You need to place the footage in the 4x3 sequence and then you will see the black bars at the top and bottom.

In order to fit the screen aspect you need to Blow Up the 16x9 by about 120% to loose the letterbox and then of course you will loose the sides of your shots too.

David

Peace and Love :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

stefinyRe: combining source material
by on Jun 30, 2006 at 4:53:54 am

Could I export them as a qt conversion and then pull them back into the project?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]