Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

29.97 to 25fps ghosting

COW Forums : Compression techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Sage Brucia29.97 to 25fps ghosting
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 12:22:03 am

Hello,

I have some ProRes 1080i 29.97fps footage shot on a Sony A55 DSLR camera, which unfortunately needs to be 25fps.

I've used Compressor 3 to change the frame rate, with Best settings in the Frame Control panel. I'm getting this sort of ghosting effect around the edges of the subject. Here's an example.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30619479/ghosting-example.jpg

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, and this can be fixed, or if it's just unavoidable when going down to 25fps?

thanks,

Sage

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jessica MuthRe: 29.97 to 25fps ghosting
by on Jul 25, 2012 at 8:58:01 pm

Honestly, in my experience, there isn't much you can do with it. Since you are removing frames, that may happen. Have you tried in Cinema Tools? They have a reverse telecine option that may be of better use to you.

If I could recommend, a hardware conversion through a Teranex would be the best way to go (but can be costly).

Jessica Muth
Production Operations Manager
Video Labs
Rockville, MD
301-217-0000
jmuth@videolabs.net

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sage BruciaRe: 29.97 to 25fps ghosting
by on Jul 25, 2012 at 9:24:25 pm

I have used Cinema Tools for some of the clips, depending on subject matter. But not using the reverse telecine option. I'll look into it.

Sage

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]