Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

MPEG Streamclip Encoding Loop

COW Forums : Compression techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Nathan McAlpineMPEG Streamclip Encoding Loop
by on May 7, 2012 at 5:14:36 pm

I've been searching all over and nobody seems to be having this problem. I open a file with MPEG Streamclip and export it as an H.264. I've done this hundreds of times in the past without any problems. The last couple months however, I export it, the progress bar comes up, it appears to be working and when the progress bar gets to 100%, it starts over from the beginning. It's so frustrating and I feel like nobody else is having this problem.

Anybody come across this, and if so, do you know what's causing this problem? I've gotten very small files to export properly, but if the clip is over a minute or so long, it ends up in what appears to be an endless loop.

~ Nate

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff GreenbergRe: MPEG Streamclip Encoding Loop
by on May 20, 2012 at 2:13:23 pm

Have you tried trashing the prefs or trying a different user on your computer?

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Editor/Author/Speaker/Consulting
My NAB seminar schedule, contact info and more

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nathan McAlpineRe: MPEG Streamclip Encoding Loop
by on May 21, 2012 at 5:46:34 pm

I've had this issue on three different computers. One time, it was a co-worker, and I was showing him the program.

I have tried trashing my prefs and that didn't help. It's weird because I can export smaller files (under 50MB) fine, but when I get over a couple hundred MBs I get this loop. It's only with H.264s too.

~ Nate

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nathan McAlpineRe: MPEG Streamclip Encoding Loop
by on Jun 6, 2012 at 5:53:15 pm

Dang, just had it happen on yet another computer. MacBook Pro OSX 10.7.3.

I took a 100GB 1920x1080 ProRes Mov. Opened it in MPEG Streamclip, set in/out and trimmed it. I then set it to encode to a MP4, H.264 video. I left the office at 5PM, came in at 7AM and the progress bar was at 23% and still chugging along. Basically, it was in a loop all night. The progress bar fills and it just starts over.

How come nobody else seems to be having this problem? Does nobody use this software anymore?

~ Nate

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rob DavisRe: MPEG Streamclip Encoding Loop
by on Sep 10, 2012 at 1:56:33 am

hey Nathan,

I'm having exactly the same problem with the same file formats.

I see this was a while ago, have you had any success?

thanks,

Rob

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]