Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Compressor Cluster Not Threading on new 12-core?

COW Forums : Compression techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Sean KapletonCompressor Cluster Not Threading on new 12-core?
by on Feb 25, 2011 at 4:30:51 am

Having some issues on my new 12-core. I have used cluster plenty for large 5D transcodes etc and when i set a cluster batch out of compressor i am used to seeing the file breaking into multiple threads of itself and then back into one when complete. I am not seeing anything in the custom destination folder i created and checking thru all the settings i dont see anything wrong.

I have a new 12-core w/ SSD for OS and 8tb RAID 0 internal where the media reads and rights to.

I have attached a screen grab showing both the activity monitor showing what i believe is the 20 core settings i chose in system prefs - this is moving a little bit here and there - you will also notice that its stuck in batch monitor with the "unknown remaining" and no progress bar action.

I am going to wait a little bit but if i dont see the first job come into the look folder does anyone have suggestions on how to get things working. i have gone into system prefs for qmaster and compressor resetting things multiple times etc. would it make sense to use one of those third part apps like compressor fix or whatever?!
help would be very appreciated as i have 20+ 5D encodes to get done tonight.
cheers

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sean KapletonRe: Compressor Cluster Not Threading on new 12-core?
by on Feb 25, 2011 at 4:54:46 am

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]