Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Using BitVice to Encode quicktime exports, Then muxing with MPEG Streamclip. No audio playback with MPEG2 encode in Quicktime only. Anybody?

COW Forums : Compression techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Crawford WinsteadUsing BitVice to Encode quicktime exports, Then muxing with MPEG Streamclip. No audio playback with MPEG2 encode in Quicktime only. Anybody?
by on Nov 19, 2010 at 10:02:22 pm

Hi,

I am using BitVice MPEG2 SD Encoder 2.9.7 to encode some apple ProRes422 Exports from FCP. I drop my Quicktimes in BitVice, and I get my M2V and any type of audio file to save to a new folder. All of the elements work at this point individually, both audio and video work together or separately. Then, I open the M2V with my choice of audio in MPEG Streamclip v. 1.9.2 or the 1.9.3b4 (latest beta) version, and try to mux the audio by encoding to an MPEG2 by either using convert to MPEG2, or save as an MPEG...

However, once I get past this point, I cannot get audio playback using Quicktime as my playback device.

I can open the newly created MPEG2 file in VLC or back in MPEG Streamclip again, and it WILL playback audio. So the data is in the audio files... it's just not playing back on Quicktime only at this point.

I can also export as an MPEG2 with MP2 audio, but the audio is significantly lower than the original export, which doesn't work for me.

Not sure what the disconnect is... Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you for any advice!

Thanks,
Crawford
crawford@lkccreative.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Daniel LowRe: Using BitVice to Encode quicktime exports, Then muxing with MPEG Streamclip. No audio playback with MPEG2 encode in Quicktime only. Anybody?
by on Nov 20, 2010 at 12:01:23 am

Sorry - Why are you using bitvice rather than compressor?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]