Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

h.264 from FCP sequence HELP!!!

COW Forums : Compression techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
BreezeeBeeh.264 from FCP sequence HELP!!!
by on Aug 1, 2007 at 10:56:03 pm

I am trying to export a 720x480 24fps sequence from final cut pro 5.1.4 using QT conversion h.264 to a file size that I can upload to youtube. I have spent many hours waiting for variations in settings to compress and can't seem to get something close enough to 100mb(YT limit) and I keep getting a couple of glitches in the final product, in places where there is a complex effect(page peel, center split wipe)in the original file. it's almost like it's stuttering? I've tried every variation of setting and usually it's something like hi quality, 24fps, key frames at 24, limit mbps 2000, scaling down to 320x240 with aspect ratio preserved with letterbox and deinterlaced. Can someone PLEASE help with how to determine what the finished mbps will be and how to get rid of these bad spots.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Evil Ash EditorRe: h.264 from FCP sequence HELP!!!
by on Aug 1, 2007 at 11:56:13 pm

You Tube videos work better at 29.97 fps, so I'd recommend saving your video as a 29.97 video with a 2:3 pulldown. You Tube also has a 10 minute time limit, so you may need to breakup your video. I find in general, I limit my video data rate to either 768, or if the filesize is still too large, down to 512 kbs, and audio at 128 kbs. Also, I typically set the keyframing to auto, if your keyframes are too frequent (as you have at one per second) you tend to get a strobing effect of clean vs blocky. Definitely set your encode to multipass.

Richard Sanchez
North Hollywood, CA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

stelllaaaRe: h.264 from FCP sequence HELP!!!
by on Aug 2, 2007 at 9:58:53 pm

There's a great recipe for youtube compression at http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/youtube_compressor_gary.html
The guy that wrote this article even has downloadable presets for compressor.
not sure how that will do with your 24 p but maybe you can start with this after the pulldown to 29.97
doo dee doo
S

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]