Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

3-D Layer, Continuous Rasterization, CC Bubbles - all together.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ryan Foregger3-D Layer, Continuous Rasterization, CC Bubbles - all together.
by on Mar 12, 2011 at 11:35:34 pm

Hi All,
Can't seem to figure this out. I added a solid to my comp and applied CC Bubbles to it. I turned on continuous rasterization and scaled it up so I would have bubbles outside my frame as well... because... I want to add a camera and move through and past the bubbles.

When I make the bubbles a 3-D layer and have continuous rasterization checked, the camera has no effect on the bubbles, which I've read about and may not completely understand the reasoning for.

So I precomped the bubbles. In the precomp I turned continuous rasterization on in the bubbles layer, and in my main comp turned 3-D on. When I move on the bubbles they move, but when I get past them their quality is degraded.

Are these bubbles actually vector-based the way I made them, and If so, how do I do camera moves on them and have them look good.

Also interesting. When I continuously rasterize the bubbles, I get less bubbles and have to crank up the bubble amount to get what I had before I flipped the CR switch.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Erik WaluskaRe: 3-D Layer, Continuous Rasterization, CC Bubbles - all together.
by on Mar 13, 2011 at 12:52:04 am

Hi Ryan,
The simple answer is that the Bubbles effect is neither vector nor 3D, it's just raster-based (made of pixels generated by the effect) so the continuous rasterization button will not have any effect on the bubbles. Making the bubble layer 3D just makes a "postcard in space" out of the layer so that you can rotate it or move a camera around it but it's still just a flat 2D plane. If you have a camera in the comp and click the CR switch for the bubbles layer it reverts to 2D, which is why the camera then has no effect.

To get the effect you are looking for use a 3D particle effect like Trapcode Particular or CC Particle World (included with AE). Particle World has a built in "bubble" particle as well, just select it from the "particle type" drop-down menu.

HTH

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Ryan ForeggerRe: 3-D Layer, Continuous Rasterization, CC Bubbles - all together.
by on Mar 13, 2011 at 3:26:31 am

CC Particle World, perfect. Thank you Erik!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]