Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

How to stop an expression in timeline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Maria MaronskaHow to stop an expression in timeline
by on Dec 14, 2010 at 7:05:19 pm

Hello, I need help with one of the the following (solving any one will solve my problem with animation)

1. Is it possible to un-parent one layer from another in a specific keyframe? I can only see possibility to add or delete parent forever.

2. Is it possible to remove an expression in a specific keyframe? I reviewed some tutorials and they only specify how to add an expression, e.g. alt-click on clock of Rotation, then type loopOut("cycle"), in order to make a rotation loop. But I would like to stop this rotation looping at frame X. If I just go to frame X and insert a keyframe in Rotation, then the whole loop disappears. How to deal with it?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Walter SoykaRe: How to stop an expression in timeline
by on Dec 14, 2010 at 8:09:11 pm

[Maria Maronska] "1. Is it possible to un-parent one layer from another in a specific keyframe? I can only see possibility to add or delete parent forever"

No. Split the layer where you want the parenting to end. Leave the first one parented, but turn off parenting in the second one.

[Maria Maronska] "2. Is it possible to remove an expression in a specific keyframe? I reviewed some tutorials and they only specify how to add an expression, e.g. alt-click on clock of Rotation, then type loopOut("cycle"), in order to make a rotation loop. But I would like to stop this rotation looping at frame X. If I just go to frame X and insert a keyframe in Rotation, then the whole loop disappears. How to deal with it?"

See the Adobe help here for an example of adding start and stop times to expressions:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS22BD9B45-A813-4b13-996D...

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Maria MaronskaRe: How to stop an expression in timeline
by on Dec 14, 2010 at 8:45:48 pm

Perfect, thanks!

Return to posts index