Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

How do you add a plugin or preset to After Effects CS5?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Josh CalderinHow do you add a plugin or preset to After Effects CS5?
by on Jul 21, 2010 at 9:38:56 pm

I just bought Video Copilot's Twitch and I'm having a hard time to add the plugins and presets from it to After Effects CS5. I followed the instructions included with Twitch. Here's the instructions:

Plugin:
To install Twitch, Copy the "Twitch Plug-in" folder into your After Effects Plug-in Directory. When you recieve your KEYFILE place this in the "Twitch Plug-in" Directory next to the actualy plug-in.

Preset:
To install the Twitch Presets, Copy the "AE Twitch Presets" folder into your After Effects Presets Directory. You may also need to restart the application. The Preset Gallery folder contains video samples of each preset

Yes, I followed the instructions exactly but when I start After Effects CS5, I look in the Effects and Presets Window and I don't see Video Copilots effects! Yes, I also did restart After Effects CS5 and I still don't see it. Please help me! THANK YOU.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Butch GoldenRe: How do you add a plugin or preset to After Effects CS5?
by on Jul 22, 2010 at 5:41:40 pm

In Effects & Presets, and if you type in Twitch then hit enter, does it show up in the list? Also, another way to verify if it's installed correctly is to open a new comp, add a solid (any color) and then use the dropdown menu called 'Effect' in the top toolbar.

Is it listed in that list as either 'Twitch' or do you see 'Video Copilot' with an arrow pointed right (which means that there's a child menu available) and Twitch is in that?

If neither of the above are fruitful, something went amiss in the installation.

Effects & Presets won't display it automatically and one usually needs to use the included Search Function to find a particular item.

HTH

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jay McDonoughRe: How do you add a plugin or preset to After Effects CS5?
by on Mar 9, 2011 at 4:19:45 pm

I ran into the same problem. It looks like you need 64bit plug ins for CS5. http://www.adobe.com/products/plugins/aftereffects/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]