Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

move matching TrapCode Particular?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bob Colemove matching TrapCode Particular?
by on Jul 8, 2010 at 7:43:59 pm

I would appreciate help finding a tutorial that I need to study.

It showed a complex, abstract, flowing form (perhaps from Trapcode Particular) superimposed on a video shot while walking down a sidewalk. The particular effect was move-matched, so that as the camera's POV changed from looking frontwards to sideways to looking back, the particles were integrated into the scene. It was as if the particles were walking down the sidewalk, and the camera overtook them.

Or so I remember - could be wrong.

At any rate it was incredible, and I'd like to learn how it's done. If you've seen that or a similar tutorial, please share!

Thanks.

Bob C

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joseph PoleRe: move matching TrapCode Particular?
by on Jul 8, 2010 at 11:22:04 pm

Hi Bob

is this the clip you're thinking of? http://vimeo.com/5716181

http://www.josephpole.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob ColeRe: move matching TrapCode Particular?
by on Jul 8, 2010 at 11:31:44 pm

[Joseph Pole] "is this the clip you're thinking of?"

Precisely the one. Now to persuade the creator to discuss how he did it. Have you explored these kinds of techniques? I really like the idea of tracking the real world along with particles. It transforms them from "cool" to "magic."

Thanks very much!

Bob C

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: move matching TrapCode Particular?
by on Jul 9, 2010 at 1:11:13 pm

[Bob Cole] "Now to persuade the creator to discuss how he did it. "

It might not take as long as you think. The video's creator writes the following in the comments section:

"Hi.
Thanks for all the encouragement. I certainly was not expecting such an amazingly huge (and FAST) response.

I added info up top to address the frequent questions about tracking. Pixel Farm's software is quite impressive, and can get some great results without much sweat. There was still trial and error to get some shots working, even tracking it in several pieces and joining the moves after. I'm still new to that sort of tracking software though.

I'll certainly consider making some materials to explain things a little.
"

Don't lose that link!

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael SzalapskiRe: move matching TrapCode Particular?
by on Jul 9, 2010 at 1:20:34 pm

It's not a question of motion matching the particles. You just have the AE camera match the footage. This tutorial covers it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]