Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Relative Keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Deepak AdhikaryRelative Keyframes
by on May 31, 2010 at 11:14:31 am

Hey, I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I rotoscoped a mask around a person in a video that I'm making. I remapped the time of the footage to make it slower, however its now too jerky and I want to put it back without messing up all the keyframes of the mask. Is there a way to extend the keyframes, but keep them relative to each other so that I don't have to rotoscope all over a gain?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: Relative Keyframes
by on May 31, 2010 at 3:35:55 pm

If you want to save what you have, you'll have to render your masked video and THEN slow it down. That's the easiest way.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Deepak AdhikaryRe: Relative Keyframes
by on May 31, 2010 at 4:18:33 pm

The problem is though that I also have a lot of particle layers on top of the video as well that I want to keep the same speed.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: Relative Keyframes
by on May 31, 2010 at 4:42:39 pm

Go to AE's Online Help. Look up the topic of prerendering. The search function works very well.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve RobertsRe: Relative Keyframes
by on May 31, 2010 at 4:50:38 pm

... or you could precomp the offending layers, then time-stretch the precomp in the main comp by using the stretch column (like Modes or Parent) in the timeline.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Walter SoykaRe: Relative Keyframes
by on Jun 1, 2010 at 5:21:59 pm

[Deepak Adhikary] "Is there a way to extend the keyframes, but keep them relative to each other so that I don't have to rotoscope all over a gain?"

Yes; select all the keyframes, from first to last. Hold Option/Alt while dragging the last keyframe, and all keyframes in between will adjust proportionately. See Move keyframes in time from the help system for more.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy