Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

CC Particle World changes in CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
vlad cohenCC Particle World changes in CS5
by on May 8, 2010 at 8:26:47 pm

Hi

I don't know if I'm just going blind, but the "Options" link seems to have disappeared from CC Particle World in After Effects CS5, along with a few other things, like the scrubbers.

Does anyone know how to force motion blur with the newest version (1.7) of these Cycore FX? On the Cycore website the documentation only covers version 1.65.

Forgive me if I'm being really thick.
v

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian CharlesRe: CC Particle World changes in CS5
by on May 9, 2010 at 12:58:18 am

This is a complete rewrite of the plug in. The features are all there but now available under various disclosure triangles. For example the floor action (bounce, ice or glue) are now under Physics>Floor.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

cowcowcowcowcow
Brian CharlesRe: CC Particle World changes in CS5
by on May 9, 2010 at 12:59:08 am

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

vlad cohenRe: CC Particle World changes in CS5
by on May 9, 2010 at 10:43:01 am

Thank you for the reply -- these forums are an amazing resource with such helpful people.

I also got a reply on the Adobe boards which explained that the old motion blur effect can be maintained using the comp and layer motion blur switches.

So if anyone else is having trouble like I was, simply turn on the standard motion blur controls for the layer and it seems to pretty much look like the old effect from within Particle World options.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Vlad IonescuRe: CC Particle World changes in CS5
by on May 25, 2010 at 2:13:52 pm

hi m8 ,

sry did not get your answer , can you be a little more specific on were you can activate motion blur so that the effects resembles the old one ?

thx

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

vlad cohenRe: CC Particle World changes in CS5
by on May 25, 2010 at 11:49:39 pm

It might not look exactly the same, but now you can simply use the regular AE motion blur and Particle World applies it like it should.

So on the layer to which you apply Particle World, enable motion blur (tick the box under the motion blur icon, which looks like three circles overlapping.) Forgive me if you know all this and I sound patronising -I'm just trying to be clear. On the other hand if you are new to AE and can't see the icon, make sure you toggle the switches/modes button so you see all the checkboxes and not the layer blend modes.

You also need to enable motion blur for the composition, by clicking the motion blur icon in the header area above the layers.

It isn't exactly the same as before but it is definitely a lot more streamlined.

I hope that makes sense.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+3

Vlad IonescuRe: CC Particle World changes in CS5
by on May 26, 2010 at 1:09:16 am

I found the icon and used the effect, it's pretty similar indeed, works for what i need at the moment :)
Yes , it made sense , i just did not see the icon there was looking completely the other way, like looking at the window when you want to get out the door.

Thank you for your reply
V

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Cameron TatumRe: CC Particle World changes in CS5
by on Jun 2, 2010 at 6:34:34 am

I'm Haaving the same issue... can you tell me where the rendering panel is now? In the options of the old cc particle world plug-in it was right under grid now since they moved it i don't know where it is.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

kwaku nyantekyiRe: CC Particle World changes in CS5
by on Apr 18, 2011 at 3:48:22 pm

Thanks everyone. You answered my questions.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen KnoxRe: CC Particle World changes in CS5
by on Jan 3, 2012 at 6:58:11 am

Thanks so much. You have no Idea how crazy I was going, trying to find the blur effect... Very much appreciated man b._.)b

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Sulion SangRe: CC Particle World changes in CS5
by on Feb 16, 2011 at 9:35:48 pm

OHH my god!!, you saved my day, i was wondering about this parameters for a long timee!!

Thank you sir, you're my savior!! hehehe

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael LansdellRe: CC Particle World changes in CS5
by on Jan 3, 2013 at 1:01:49 pm

I've just upgraded to CS6 from CS4, and now find that I can't set the comp camera as my particle world camera, any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

kaden LlewellynRe: CC Particle World changes in CS5
by on Jul 22, 2011 at 2:12:39 am

Where is the Force motion blur on this effect?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

zain noorRe: CC Particle World changes in CS5
by on Aug 10, 2011 at 3:59:45 am

can u plz tell me where the options button is for the cc particle world effect on AE CS5

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]