Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Exporting alpha for Sony Vegas

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Stephen CordesExporting alpha for Sony Vegas
by on May 3, 2010 at 9:39:04 pm

Hi all

Not sure where this should be, sony vegas or AE but as it talks about both I've put it in both forums. Basically I'm creating logos, banners etc from 3d programmes (and also purely within AE), exporting to AE to finish off and want to then import into vegas pro 9 to use as the alpha channel so its sits on top of the other composits without any black background showing. Eg - a logo appearing on footage. What render/export setting should I be using in AE and will it just work within Sony vegas or do I have to tell vegas to use the alpha channel.

thanks in anticipation.

Steve

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: Exporting alpha for Sony Vegas
by on May 3, 2010 at 9:48:22 pm

I'll presume you know the size (H&V Resolution), field order (if needed), pixel aspect ratio and frame rate of the footage you need to deliver.

Render -- don't export -- you work in a lossless codec or uncompressed. Since I'm a Mac guy, I like Quicktime's Animation or PNG codecs, Millions of Colors +, RGB + Alpha. The big deal: Straight or Premultiplied? Edit systems vary in need for straight or premultiplied alpha channels, so the safe thing to do is render both kinds out. A little test would do the trick, and then you'd know.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]