Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Premiere Projects/Sequences Imported into After Effects CS4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jessica AllenPremiere Projects/Sequences Imported into After Effects CS4
by on Jan 14, 2010 at 8:25:18 pm

Hi,

I am using Adobe After Effects CS4 and Premiere Pro. I am trying to bring a Premiere sequence into After Effects, but it is only bringing in the main track of the sequence, and not the 2nd or 3rd tracks. Why is this and is there a way around it?

I have also tried importing the Premiere project into After Effects, but then I lose all of the color correcting I did in Premiere. Is there any explanation for that, too?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: Premiere Projects/Sequences Imported into After Effects CS4
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 5:25:39 am

> I have also tried importing the Premiere project into After Effects, but then I lose all of the color correcting I did in Premiere. Is there any explanation for that, too?

Not all features of a Premiere Pro project come across when you import it into After Effects. The features that are converted are described here.

You might have better luck using Dynamic Link. See this page for a summary of ways to exchange data between Premiere Pro and After Effects.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jessica AllenRe: Premiere Projects/Sequences Imported into After Effects CS4
by on Jan 15, 2010 at 8:13:39 pm

Thank you. But I should mention that I did use Adobe Dynamic Link to import a Premiere sequence into After Effects. It was then that I realized only the main video and audio track in the Premiere sequence converted over, while the other tracks (2 & 3) did not show up in After Effects. Does it only bring over the main track and discard the others of a sequence?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]