Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

How to make a image appear to have static or noise/flicker

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Nicky RobinsonHow to make a image appear to have static or noise/flicker
by on Nov 19, 2009 at 5:12:20 pm

Im working on a video and in the intro I want a few images to blip with a noisy or static like appearance for a few seconds. Any ideas on how to make a image flicker like this?
Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: How to make a image appear to have static or noise/flicker
by on Nov 19, 2009 at 7:16:03 pm

There are TONS of techniques for doing this, and they all have different looks to them, so there's a good chance that the ones people suggest may not have the look you had in mind. If you can describe the look you seek in as much detail as possible, it'll help a lot.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nicky RobinsonRe: How to make a image appear to have static or noise/flicker
by on Nov 20, 2009 at 8:57:12 am

Basically I have three images (like logos) and I want them to take it in turns to appear in about 5-10 seconds. I was thinking of having it so each one flickers in and maybe looks like there is static interference. But the main effect I want to create is the flicker.
Any suggestions welcome as I am willing to try anything
Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: How to make a image appear to have static or noise/flicker
by on Nov 20, 2009 at 5:10:54 pm

From yesterday:

[Nicky Robinson] "I want a few images to blip with a noisy or static like appearance for a few seconds. Any ideas on how to make a image flicker like this?"

From today:

[Nicky Robinson] "I want them to take it in turns to appear in about 5-10 seconds. I was thinking of having it so each one flickers in and maybe looks like there is static interference."

Dude, you just rearranged the words. You didn't elaborate. We're not mind readers. Nobody here graduated from the Amazing Kreskin Institute of Clairvoyance.

Off the top of my head, I can think of about five different looks, all of which could be defined as "flicker". Right now I can think of three looks that could fall under the "static" category. I bet none of them would look anything like what you're seeing when you think of "flicker" or "static".

Until you can describe what you see in your head IN DETAIL, or find a couple of YouTube examples of what you mean, we're not going to be of much help.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: How to make a image appear to have static or noise/flicker
by on Nov 21, 2009 at 1:10:58 am

If you're just looking for a little bit of "static", then maybe the Add Grain effect will be a good place to start.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]