Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

AE Automation / Watch Folder

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Konrad GullaAE Automation / Watch Folder
by on Nov 9, 2009 at 1:46:14 pm

Is it possible to let AE look into a watch folder. If a movie appears in that folder, AE will than open/import the files, apply some filters and finally render the file to a different folder? Thanks for the Help!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kevin CampRe: AE Automation / Watch Folder
by on Nov 9, 2009 at 4:28:52 pm

i don't think you can get that degree of automation in ae...

you may be able to use a script or macro building software to create those actions and then have that script get triggered when something is placed into that folder...

i know apple's automator can do something similar (create an automation that is linked to folder contents), but i'm not sure how much of ae is 'automate-able'... basically, if you can't write script, you would need automator to be able to build the 'actions' that you want to perform in ae, and i just don't know how much of ae automator can control (adding effects, settings, output file paths such).

if you know vb or apple script, then you may be able to get this kind of control.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]