Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

CC Bubbles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Shawn SmithCC Bubbles
by on Sep 4, 2009 at 7:19:52 pm

Is there a way to seamlessly loop the CC Bubbles plug in?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

david bogieRe: CC Bubbles
by on Sep 4, 2009 at 9:52:06 pm

Not really. It's a particle system and, by definition, they're random.
However, the SEED parameter can be used to reproduce the effects precisely. That is, if you set up a CC Bubbles effect on your system and want me to duplicate it, all you have to do is give me all of the settings and your seed number and the bubbles will be precisely the same on both of our machines, asumign everything else is the same.

So, you might be able to keyframe the seed parameter to bring you back to the start of your animation but I doubt it will work as you hope.

bogiesan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shawn SmithRe: CC Bubbles
by on Sep 4, 2009 at 11:35:08 pm

Thanks David I guess I'll use Trapcode. I was waiting for a response before I bought it. Also I saw a tutorial on looping particles but how can you seamless loop moving or animated particles like random bubbles or spots.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kevin CampRe: CC Bubbles
by on Sep 5, 2009 at 4:13:44 pm

if you are considering trying this with particular, you might try cc particle world. it will do a lot of similar particle effects as particular, but it comes with ae. and you can definitely do the looping particle trick with particle world the same way as particular.

the reason that you can do the loop trick with a these particle systems is that when you start and stop the emitter/producer the particles that were already produced will stay on the screen for their lifespan, allowing you to duplicate the particle system and back-time one of them so the particles matchup. with bubbles, when you set the number of bubble to 0, they all disappear, so you can't do the same trick.

about the best you could do with bubbles would be to create several layers of them (like foreground, middle ground, background bubbles) then use cross-fades to generate the loops, but stagger the cross-fades so they are less apparent.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shawn SmithRe: CC Bubbles
by on Sep 6, 2009 at 6:46:00 pm

Thanks Kevin I will use your method. I appreciate all the help

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook