Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

1080 60i with alpha to FLV - has Frame Skip, Stutter

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Justin Bernard1080 60i with alpha to FLV - has Frame Skip, Stutter
by on Jul 18, 2009 at 7:22:57 pm

I have looked at other posts similar to my case. I think there are some specific questions I need answered at this point.

Are there any problems with AAE or HDV specific to Vista?

Is "KeyLight 1.2" known to create video stuttering?

Can using On2 VP6 compression for FLV create Stuttering?

I read in a post that changing your fps slightly can fix the stuttering problem. Can anyone verify that and have any suggestions what to change 29.97 fps to.

PROJECT SPECS:

Windows Vista Premium sevice pack 1, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.0 GHz 2.0 GHz,4 G RAM, 64 bit OS

I am working from (Sony HDR-XR500) 1920 x 1080 60i video transferred from my camera to my computer.

AAE is CS4 v 9.0.0.346

I have reviewed all my original video for stuttering and all is good. I use Keylight 1.2 to Key out green screen in video.

project settings and output settings; 29.97 fps, FLV video size is 300 x 480, use On2 VP6 with alpha and audio.

I hope that gives all the information you need to help.

ANY IDEAS?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: 1080 60i with alpha to FLV - has Frame Skip, Stutter
by on Jul 20, 2009 at 4:52:19 pm

[Justin Bernard] 1080 60i with alpha to FLV - has Frame Skip, Stutter
"Are there any problems with AAE or HDV specific to Vista?"

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- Native HDV, any flavor of MPEG, mp4, avchd, m2t, mts, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]