Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

exporting MatchMover data to After Effects ??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jon Draperexporting MatchMover data to After Effects ??
by on Jul 15, 2009 at 11:55:33 am

Good afternoon.
I'm attempting to export tracking data from MatchMover Pro to After effects (On a Mac). I know your supposed to use the MA (Maya) format, and I know it works with syntheyes and boujou, but can't get After Effects to accept the data.

Keeps reading it wrong.

I've exhausted google searching for the answers, but can't find any.

I've watched some tutorials over at AeTuts for Boujou, and that looks to work a treat but unfortunately its a bit too pricey for me to buy the full release.

Are there any steps I need to take before exporting out of Matchmover to make it all After Effects happy.

Unfortuantely I dont have Maya either, so cant go via that....

Cheers

Jon

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: exporting MatchMover data to After Effects ??
by on Jul 15, 2009 at 1:03:14 pm

I haven't used MatchMover Pro. There's a tutorial by Eran Stern linked to from the "Tracking and stabilizing motion" page of After Effects Help that shows how to uses Pixel Farm PFHoe. Maybe this will help. Not that I'm endorsing PFHoe, but it is a lot less expensive than other matchmoving software that I know of.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jon DraperRe: exporting MatchMover data to After Effects ??
by on Jul 15, 2009 at 2:17:01 pm

Thanks for the link. Just watched the tutorial plus a second one importing into Cinema 4D.

Nice simple bit of software, have downloaded the demo, and did a test shot. Works nicely.

Now do I bite the bullet and pay the £100 for the software. Obviously a bargain in the camera tracking world. Or persevere with MatchMover which my work bought 2 years ago.

Tempted to buy the software for myself anyway, purely for the simple easy to use interface. Shame it doesn't have a mask feature built in to it, only the ability to import matte layers.

Hmmmm...Thanks again...and if anyone does have any tips on MatchMover it would be good to know.

Cheers

Jon

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]