Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

creating a dance floor like this

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
tommaso cicocreating a dance floor like this
by on May 15, 2009 at 11:14:52 am

hi everyone,
I wonder if someone could help me in creating a dance floor like that one you see on this music video:

(Kylie minougue's video)

In the video there are 2 different type of dance floor:I'm trying to recreate both!
What I find the most difficult is the one that appears first in the video (light strings changing colous).

Thanks in advance for the help
Tommaso

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael SzalapskiRe: creating a dance floor like this
by on May 15, 2009 at 2:09:23 pm

The first one would be the easier of the two in my opinion. Just use the generate>beam effect. Several layers with the beam effect applied with a bit of stylize>glow on the layers themselves and the appropriate amount of glow added over top for some light spill over the actress should get you close to the desired effect.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: creating a dance floor like this
by on May 15, 2009 at 2:25:46 pm

The pipes should be easy with Effect>Beam and the change in intensity/hue can be done with Colorama.

Lots of options for this one.

HTH
RoRK

broadcastGEMs - AEPro Volume 02 (Professional Adobe After Effects Project Files - Now Available).

Adobe After Effects Training in South East Asia.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian CharlesRe: creating a dance floor like this
by on May 15, 2009 at 7:40:11 pm

RoRk is correct, the Beam Effect will work.
To help you set it up in perspective create 2 solid layers, apply Grid and adjust settings to taste.
Make 3D and rotate 90 degrees in the X axis and pull one up and the other down. Use the grid lines to align the animation of the Beams. Each beam will be a separate layer.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]