Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Choppy Video After Rendering.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Scott OcampoChoppy Video After Rendering.
by on Dec 28, 2008 at 11:07:13 am

Hello,

I am very new to Adobe After Effects, but I am a quick learner and have been enjoying it's use. The only problem I have is after my video completes rendering. Using some tutorials I made a little (5 Second) logo/title screen that has a background that turns, then some text flying in, and a little bit of wiggle at the end. The render was long (nearly 3 minutes for and .AVI) but fine. The only thing what that when I tried playing the video (in VLC player) it was just a black screen that stayed for about 20 seconds before ending. I pressed play again and the video showed, but was very choppy. The third time was less choppy, but still very noticeable. I was wondering if anybody had any idea as to what steps I can take to prevent this? Thanks to all.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Declan BuckleyRe: Choppy Video After Rendering.
by on Dec 28, 2008 at 3:10:57 pm

What size are the rendered files? Sounds like it's a filesize problem. Did you compress the video?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris PassRe: Choppy Video After Rendering.
by on Dec 28, 2008 at 3:42:19 pm

try rendering out in a lower quality. i assume you're rendering out in an animation. sometimes, larger files can have trouble playing in those types of players (though, when you import it into whatever you're editing in, it seems to play fine).

-Chris

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: Choppy Video After Rendering.
by on Dec 29, 2008 at 4:59:29 pm

[Scott Ocampo] "...the only thing what that when I tried playing the video (in VLC player) it was just a black screen that stayed for about 20 seconds before ending. I pressed play again and the video showed, but was very choppy..."

Don't worry about it. The file you rendered in AE is probably high-quality, as it should be, but the bitrate is so high that your hard drive can't keep up with it.

If you HAVE to see the playback in real time, just use AE's Add Output Module command when you render from the Render Queue, and you can tell AE to render a second file at the same time, using a more highly-compressed codec which your computer will be able to play just fine.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]