Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

How to change after effects language (windows)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Anna FonckHow to change after effects language (windows)
by on Aug 11, 2008 at 6:16:38 pm

've just installed after effects cs3 on a windows PC. I've choosed English in the "aplication language" option during the install, but when I launched it, the entire aplication shows in Spanish... anyone knows how to change it?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul BerthamRe: How to change after effects language (windows)
by on Aug 12, 2008 at 9:53:41 pm

Hi,

i Wrote this once for a German Forum since i had to find out that Languages do take a little complicated task (Thanks Adobe)

NOTE: all the paths im posting here may differ on your system. just follow the steps an copy the paths from your own.

Step 1.) Under "C:ProgramsAdobeAdobe After Effects 7.0Languages"
point to the Alias "Adobe After Effects E" - right klick it, choose Properties from the contextual menue and copy following target path entry: "C:ProgrammeAdobeAdobe After Effects 7.0Support FilesAfterFX.exe" -L EN

Step 2.) then point to the AE shortcut entry in the Windows Start Menu, right click it, properties, and replace the target path with that from above.

if you start ae out of the start menu entry, now AE should open in English Language.

------

One Problem is still there. If you open a project file directly it mostly will not open in the preferred language.

Step 1.) go to the windows explorer >> "Folder options"... from the Tools menu and Select the tab "File types"
Type a e p rapidly >> you will now be pointed to the AEP extension. With the extension highlighted, klick the "advanced" button underneath >> then, in the new Window, highlight "Open with Adobe After Effects CS3" and press the button "edit" on the right >> then in the second row, paste "C:ProgramsAdobeAdobe After Effects 7.0Support FilesAfterFX.exe" -L EN %1

NOTE: i have "%1" in my path, but i believe that this is obsolete.

prompt your changes, now your project files should open also in the preferred language.

hope it works for you.

regards,
Paul

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Anna FonckRe: How to change after effects language (windows)
by on Aug 12, 2008 at 10:09:21 pm

Thanks for the tip. Now I'm able to launch after effects in English.

I also found a folder with shortcuts to launch the software in differents languages:

C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe After Effects CS3Languages

Adobe After Effects D ► German
Adobe After Effects E ► English
Adobe After Effects F ► French
Adobe After Effects I ► Italian
Adobe After Effects J ► Japanese
Adobe After Effects S ► Spanish

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS