Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

They're buying me a new computer!!! - but what to get?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Travis TurnerThey're buying me a new computer!!! - but what to get?
by on Jul 24, 2008 at 3:33:13 pm

Hi everyone - just got word that money will soon be allocated to purchase a new Mac Pro graphics workstation and I'm super excited - but unsure about a couple of things with the object being optimal performance in After Effects and Cinema 4d. With processor speeds at 2.8, 3.0 and 3.2 the price shoots up with each small increment in speed - how much will that .2/.4 boost really affect my work, and which graphics card to get - ATI Radeon (they offer this in multiples-why?) or the NVIDIA GeForce - (They offer an NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 for an additional $3000 but i dont think i can justify that)
thanks for any help guys!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ron LindeboomRe: They're buying me a new computer!!! - but what to get?
by on Jul 24, 2008 at 4:38:49 pm

The reason people are likely not jumping on this one, Travis, is this question has been asked and answered many times. Look up the word NVIDIA or ATI in the search engine.

Congratulations and enjoy your new machine.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Travis TurnerRe: They're buying me a new computer!!! - but what to get?
by on Jul 24, 2008 at 6:57:05 pm

my apologies - i'll start searching - thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]