Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Jitter Effect...motion to a still drawing of sun

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Gary DeGennaroJitter Effect...motion to a still drawing of sun
by on Jun 7, 2008 at 3:16:55 am

Hi...I have a photoshop drawing of a sun. White background with black marker strokes. Think Sharpie on white paper. A circle for the body and 6 marker drawn lines as each ray. Each part is divided into its own layer.

I want to add a slight jitter/shake/random nudging to the rays to add some movement. Is there a plugin for this? I know I could animate this myself individually but there has to be something that just would make this easier.

I am using my friends computer which has the CS3 master professional bundle.

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Immanuel MoralesRe: Jitter Effect...motion to a still drawing of sun
by on Jun 7, 2008 at 2:33:55 pm

wiggle would do it;
just type something like "wiggle(3,7)" into the position values of the rays.
in case it's your first time using the wiggle expression, the first number controls the speed, the second controls the amplitude.

Darqlight on the Rise...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gary DeGennaroRe: Jitter Effect...motion to a still drawing of sun
by on Jun 9, 2008 at 7:43:52 pm

Thanks...I've tried the expression and it looks like it will do the trick...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ron CoyRe: Jitter Effect...motion to a still drawing of sun
by on Jun 7, 2008 at 2:46:59 pm

add a wiggle expression to the position of the layers. You can also wiggle the size a bit too.

other than that, you'd probably have to do it by hand. I kind of like the choppy look myself, so I would animate them moving and toggle hold keyframes on to get them to jump around. I'm not sure how to do that same effect with an expression, but I'm sure it can be done.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Immanuel MoralesRe: Jitter Effect...motion to a still drawing of sun
by on Jun 7, 2008 at 7:51:56 pm

hey ron, i do like the choppy look too and now that you mention it, maybe you could get that with expressions. what if you took your wiggle expression, converted it to keyframes, used the smoother to cut unwanted keyframes and converted them all to hold keyframes?

Darqlight on the Rise...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]