Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Speed up animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
andy shnikesSpeed up animation
by on Apr 18, 2008 at 9:07:54 pm

Using after effects 6.5 i have a composition harry potter esk, where i have a video clip inside of a digitally superimposed picture frame placed on a wall at an angle, i need to remove the frame and picture and have them float twards the screen with swirly motion on them, i have parented the pictureframe to the video clip, and set a motion path, but durring playback i have decided it is moving to slow,

is there an easy way to keep the set path while speeding up the motion on the animation, but not speeding up the film clip inside of the frame?

is there any easier way to do this?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: Speed up animation
by on Apr 18, 2008 at 9:18:00 pm

Move the ending position keyframe closer to the beginning position keyframe on the timeline. The closer you move 'em together, the faster the motion gets.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

andy shnikesRe: Speed up animation
by on Apr 18, 2008 at 9:37:30 pm

we are working in 3d space, and we have a set timeline,
5 mins,
by moving the ending keyframes closer to the begining, of course it speeds up the animation but it also ends the animation at the new earlier point in the timeline

Do we need to just add more animation to the rest of the timeline to get the animation to continue all the way to the 5 min mark, or is there an easier alternative?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: Speed up animation
by on Apr 18, 2008 at 10:01:59 pm

Well, let's see......

You've decided that the motion is too slow, so you want it to go faster. But you also don't want to change the motion path. Furthermore, you don't the animation to end any sooner: you just said so.

Since speed is determined by time (the length of your timeline) and distance (the length of the motion path), you would seem to be stuck.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

andy shnikesRe: Speed up animation
by on Apr 18, 2008 at 10:41:59 pm

thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian BernekerRe: Speed up animation
by on Apr 19, 2008 at 12:24:25 am

Sounds like you have more time than you have material to fill it. You could make the picture waft around a larger area, which gives you a bit more movement, but in the end you will probably have to pad the scene.

Perhaps you can pad the scene with more related or thematic pictures hanging on the wall, panning across the wall... maybe have a decorative vine crawl going across the baseboard, leading to the photo... anything to take up time before the final picture flies out.

Is this a title sequence? Maybe you can use the opportunity to embellish some names..

The more time you fill ahead of the picture animation, the faster you can make the final move out.

Think about the intro to Forrest Gump, where the feather floats around before finally landing next to Forrest. It's a casual and slow movement, but the scene is all over the place, through the sky, over a car, in front of a bus, before the final drop.

30 seconds is a long time to have nothing happening, let alone FIVE MINUTES! I would take advantage of the opportunity to put in some more animated elements to illustrate the theme of the story, or negotiate for a different clip duration.

Brian

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]