Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

auto center anchor point?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Aaron Neitzauto center anchor point?
by on Mar 4, 2008 at 12:58:38 am

sorry if this is an obvious problem: I have a bunch of text layers, I want AE to auto center my anchor point on the layers.

CS3 on a Mac

thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jack WattsRe: auto center anchor point?
by on Mar 4, 2008 at 1:17:31 am

You need to activate the "pan behind tool". You can do this by pressing "y" on your Keyboard and then manually move the anchor point to the centre of your layer.Remember all animations applied to the layer will animate from the anchor point such as scaling,tracking etc.

For a full list of Keyboard shortcuts see keyboard shortcuts under the help menu within AE or just click on the following link

Keyboard Shortcuts

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Darby EdelenRe: auto center anchor point?
by on Mar 4, 2008 at 1:33:56 am

To my knowledge there isn't an easy way to center the anchor point vertically on the text. The way to do it horizontally is to go to the Paragraph panel and choose to center align the text.

Darby Edelen
Designer
Left Coast Digital
Santa Cruz, CA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kevin CampRe: auto center anchor point?
by on Mar 4, 2008 at 12:58:26 pm

and if you want to center the anchor point vertically with the text, you'll need to adjust the 'baseline' in the character palette.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Franco AndradeRe: auto center anchor point?
by on Sep 15, 2009 at 10:37:55 pm

Is there a way, a script, plugin, whatever, to align automatically to the center of the object?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+2

Juan Martín FourcaudRe: auto center anchor point?
by on Mar 27, 2014 at 6:14:29 am

And for Auto center the anchor point on a Layer, is Ctrl-double-click (Windows) or Cmd-double-click (Mac OS) the Pan Behind tool button.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt ReyerRe: auto center anchor point?
by on Mar 29, 2010 at 12:25:27 am

To reset the anchor point to its default location in the layer, Alt-double-click (Windows) or Option-double-click (Mac OS) the Pan Behind tool button.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]