Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

After Effects not playing any sound!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Glyn HolmesAfter Effects not playing any sound!
by on Dec 8, 2007 at 6:02:54 pm

Okay, this is getting a bit frustrating, as it seems to be a simple error. I've tried it on two different computers, and in two different versions, in several file formats.

I import a song, place it in the stage. I press play using the normal time controls, and no sound comes out of my speakers. I checked under time controls that the mute button is not enabled, and the audio for the track is also not disabled (shown on the far left of the track).

I've tried several different MP3's, .wma, and even imported a video and no sound came out.

I've checked the waveforms on each file, and they are present. The decibel bars (green yellow and red) also don't bounce or show any activity when the file is being previewed.

I've tried both CS3 and AE7.

Help, please!

Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Glyn HolmesRe: After Effects not playing any sound!
by on Dec 8, 2007 at 8:34:05 pm

Ignore my idiocy please.

Rather embarrassing. !

Delete thread please :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jack dowsanRe: After Effects not playing any sound!
by on Dec 9, 2007 at 4:42:53 pm

hey dude
i am having the same problem,
can u tell me how to sort it out plz, i am in a middle of a project and the sound dosent seem to be working in After Effects CS 3 ( i have onboard realtek sound btw)

Waiting for reply

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Glyn HolmesRe: After Effects not playing any sound!
by on Dec 9, 2007 at 5:31:22 pm

Hey,
Go to Composition > Preview > Preview with Audio

Then go to your time controls box, and press the button on the far right of the play controls (the RAM preview button), and let it render out, then play it, and you will hear sound : )

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

rTill3Re: After Effects not playing any sound!
by on Dec 13, 2007 at 2:02:31 pm

I've had this problem before, and in my case and a few others, Audio Preview and RAM Preview still don't work. I've posted a few different times about it and nobody is really sure how to fix it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Post removed.

Martin JonesoRe: After Effects not playing any sound!
by on Jan 29, 2008 at 12:14:24 pm

I have the same problem with audio when RAM previewing. I had audio playing before in the same project, but then it somehow stopped working.

The mov has audio waveform in AE timeline, and I can hear it when holding command and then dragging the playhead. And also when double clicked in the project window i can hear the sound. But no sound with 0-preview.

"Audio" is checked in the composition > preview menu, and I can't find more mute buttons than in the timeline and the one in the transport controls. Maybe there still is one more? it's cs3.

Please, anyone yet solved this?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Martin JonesoRe: After Effects not playing any sound!
by on Jan 29, 2008 at 2:34:57 pm

Ok now the audio plays again, dunno how.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Anavaras KumarRe: After Effects not playing any sound!
by on Oct 28, 2012 at 5:24:16 am

aftereffect not playing sound!plz help me.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Salmabi KuttyRe: After Effects not playing any sound!
by on Dec 30, 2013 at 9:12:57 am

go to edit >> templates >> output module >>
if output audio is turned off >> go to edit.. option >> turn on output audio>> ok

click on RAM rendering and wait till it render and play :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]