Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Particle plugins

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
EarendilParticle plugins
by on Jul 15, 2007 at 5:11:48 am

I'm trying to find particle plugins that allow the use of Illustrator/PSD/image files for the particles, allow you to adjust the scale of the particles, but are free. <:D Trapdcode's out. CC doesn't have a use layer/image option.

??

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

yikesmikesRe: Particle plugins
by on Jul 15, 2007 at 7:32:00 am

Several Options:

Option 1) Simulate>CC Particle World or CC Particle System II:

OK, drag you custom Particle into a comp the size you working on, say the particle is a psd 128x128, drag it into a standard ntsc comp, 720x480 (use your preferred comp size. Make sure it's in the middle of the comp, centered.

Now in the Project Window, drag Comp 1 onto the "Create a New Composition" button (between the folder and garbage can buttons). Now in Comp 2, select the layer Comp 1, and apply CC Particle World, or CC Particle System ll, and use these setting:

Particle> Textured Square
Death Size> increase to whatever it takes to seethe whole particle, 2 for my 128x128 particle in comp1.

You should be good to go.

Option 2) On a new Soild (comp size), Simulate> Foam

And Drag your particle into the comp, turn the eyeball off. Then setting:

Foam>Rendering>Bubble Texture>User Defined and Bubble Texture Layer>Choose your Particle (eyeball off).

I like foam a nifty particle generator especially for floating things.

Option 3) Click on Dan's head and scroll down to "Build Your Own 3D Particle Generator". It's AE 3D so you can fly a camera around, and use your own psds. Just sub in your psds for Dan's.

Dan's generator is waaaay cool and flexible once you get the hang of it. Setting up sliders in a Null and linking the factors, like Gravity, to sliders can make for quick changes, then dup that layer as many times as you want particles. This is maybe my favorite Dan tut.

Option 4) I think Particle Playground can use layers too, but it scares me.

OK, I checked it out.

Particle Playground>Layer Map>Use Layer: Choose your Particle layer.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

EarendilRe: Particle plugins
by on Jul 15, 2007 at 11:49:51 pm

Thanks for the tips!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy