Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Anybody tried ProRes with AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
FlohAnybody tried ProRes with AE?
by on Jun 20, 2007 at 10:49:48 pm

I did some initial tests of the Apple ProRes codec for our workflows today, and one thing I came across is that I cannot get a color-accurate ProRes file into AE.
Clips acquired in FCP into ProRes will have a Color- and Brightness-shift compared to e.g. the same clip acquired into Uncompressed codec. Files rendered from AE into the ProRes codec will look okay compared to files rendered into Uncompressed; only the way from ProRes into AE seems not to work correctly. Even files acquired into ProRes and rendered back from AE into ProRes without any filters applied will change the brightness/contrast.
Did anybody come across this, or maybe even have a solution for it?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris ZwarRe: Anybody tried ProRes with AE?
by on Jun 20, 2007 at 10:55:30 pm

Not sure if you're on the AE email list, but Frank Capria posted something about this the other day:

http://www.capria.tv/2007/06/19/prores-422-after-effects-gotcha/

Maybe email him and see where he's at with the problem?

-Chris

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

FlohRe: Anybody tried ProRes with AE?
by on Jun 20, 2007 at 11:03:51 pm

Thanks. I did see it earlier in a hurry but I totally forgot about it. I will get in touch with Frank.
Anyway, not really an ideal situation with ProRes right now.

Floh

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]