Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

welding effect: mask required?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Denniswelding effect: mask required?
by on May 14, 2007 at 7:17:43 pm

Hi there,
I got a text layer and an animated layer (showing a sparkle). I set key frames along the text so the sparkle moves along the letters - what need s to be done is the "sparkle moves here, text becomes visible"-thing. I tried using a mask with transformation points, but it's a heavy load of work. Are there any other ways to let my text appear after the sparkle passed?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve RobertsRe: welding effect: mask required?
by on May 14, 2007 at 7:49:54 pm

You should always use a mask when welding.

Anyway, had you considered using effect>matte tools>simple choker? You can animate it from choked (not visible) to not choked (visible).

But if you want the width of the text to grow following the sparkle, you could draw a mask that matches the letter contours (with extra masks for some letters) then apply Trapcode's 3D Stroke effect (gotta buy it), adjusing the stroke taper to suit your animation. Try with a start stroke thickness of 100, end thickness of 0, with a taper end at 95% or so.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

bogiesanRe: welding effect: mask required?
by on May 15, 2007 at 5:56:24 pm

It's my experience with welding effects that you need several particle filters to do different things; random sprays of super-heated material or solder, directional sprays of sparks, torch flames, smoke, a following trace of cooling metal, you get the idea. CC Particle World has an orientable floor that will bounce or skitter sparks.

You can use CC Particle LE or Classic (sorry, not at my AE machine right now to get the correct names). You can use the text shapes as the emitter for a sparkling effect, filling the letters with particles, and they can spill or spit out. This will give you a precomped layer (or a prerendered movie) you can selectively reveal.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

atish anandRe: welding effect: mask required?
by on Jun 1, 2011 at 5:53:39 am

thanks sir this toturial sis os good
atish

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]