Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Importing Cinema file through Invigorator?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
459ProductionsImporting Cinema file through Invigorator?
by on May 1, 2007 at 11:25:52 pm

Im new to using Invigorator and when I go to import my cinema 3d file I get this error....any ideas?

"This C4D file was unable to be imported, perhaps the wrong format was selected, or the file is of an unsupported version"

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

SergeRe: Importing Cinema file through Invigorator?
by on May 1, 2007 at 11:50:42 pm

Hi,

Taken from the FAQ:

The Invigorator reads and writes version 5 format which is exported by the GO! version of Cinema 4D.

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

459ProductionsRe: Importing Cinema file through Invigorator?
by on May 2, 2007 at 7:53:37 pm

I wish I knew what that meant lol Im using Cinema 4D 10 and I cant import the c4d file into Invigorator with out getting that error.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 2, 2007 at 8:11:27 pm

I don't use C4D much. But I think it has the ability to export to different formats. Right? Wavefront (obj), 3DS or DXF.

I use Maya and never had problems with importing an obj file. Try it.

Salut.
Serge

"InvigoMany" On sale here:http://www.nyc-visual.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

459ProductionsRe: Importing Cinema file through Invigorator?
by on May 2, 2007 at 10:34:01 pm

That seems to work to bring in a 3D obejct now how to I bring in the lights and stuff from Cinema into AE?.....Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 3, 2007 at 12:41:07 am

Sorry, Invigorator does not import scenes, camera data, etc...

As I said I am not a C4D user, so ask in the right forum on how you can export the data you need to AE. I know that C4D does a great job in this.

Invigorator for now, can only import an object. You can texture this object using AE & Invigorator if you embend the UV coordinates when exporting it. As to the lights and camera, you could use the Invigorator own stuff or AE's lights and camera.

I hope this may help.

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jimmy Van HoudtRe: Importing Cinema file through Invigorator?
by on May 3, 2007 at 9:51:29 am

Hi Serge,

Since you seem to use maya and I'm new to maya, I'ld like to know what is the best solution to import a maya object into AE so that I can animate around it in AE? Is there a way, or should I animate my 3D object in maya itself and import that animation into AE? I cannot find any tutorial on how to get animating 3D objects in AE compositions. So should I animate in Maya or import an object in AE and can it then be animated (for example move around this object) in there? Same goes with lights. Use maya lights or can I put light on imported 3D objects imported from maya. All pretty fuzy to me. Any help greatly appreciated!
Tx
Jimmy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

sergeRe: Importing Cinema file through Invigorator?
by on May 4, 2007 at 10:58:16 pm

Hey Jimmy,

First here is a tutorial for AE/Maya interaction: http://www.creativecow.net/show.php?page=/articles/delafuente_rene/maya_cam...

Anyone who uses Maya will tell you that the interaction with After effects is far from being perfect. C4D does a way better job!

Anyway, in your case I would rather export the object with the UV coordinates and use Invigorator Pro to texture and animate it.
Using Layer Mapping you could create all kind of textures right away inside of AE

Invigorator allows your object to interact with other AE layers, tracking a layer is also possible.

If your object is simple keep it in one piece. If you are creating a complex object make sure you cut it in different pieces so you can texture each part individually once you import it in Invigorator Pro or ProAnimator.

You could then use AE or Invigorator's lights and camera. Invigorator allows you also to animate the object itself when manipulating the "Sets".

I hope this may help.

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jimmy Van HoudtRe: Importing Cinema file through Invigorator?
by on May 10, 2007 at 11:33:05 am

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply but I had to finish some work during the weekend and just after that suffered a hard disk crash on one of my external video disks. Still trying to recover here..

I tried the linked tutorial a couple of weeks/months back and know I had some problems with it. Once tested invigorator too. That works, but seems for simple objects only or am I wrong? So what would you go for: invigorator or C4D?

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]