Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Animation in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jabbar ThomasAnimation in AE
by on Jan 24, 2007 at 6:33:14 am

I have a few students with car chases in their short stories that are to be animated in AE. I know it's possible to use AE's expressions to assemble a 3D object (like a car) from 2D flat layers imported from Photoshop. Any ideas? I vaguely remember a paper airplane that someone assembled in AE from 2D layers, brought into AE's 3D component and made to float around.

Thnaks,
Jabbar Thomas

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

MyleniumRe: Animation in AE
by on Jan 24, 2007 at 8:08:39 am

Not sure what you are getting at by refering to expressions. Is the car supposed to explode in some way? Otherwise simply assembel the car in a pre-comp with clean orientations, then use the 3D switch and collapse transformations on this layer in your main comp to maintain the 3D-ishness.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jabbar ThomasRe: Animation in AE
by on Jan 24, 2007 at 8:41:03 pm

Thanks, Mylenium!

I knew it wasn't as hard as I thought!

Jabbar

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nate Vander PlasRe: Animation in AE
by on Jan 24, 2007 at 8:20:37 am

Yeah, you don't really need any expressions to make a car. Precomposing is the key though. That way you can keep all your car parts together yet still animate the wheels turning and so forth. However, if you wanted the wheels of your car to roll perfectly along the ground without "slipping," you may need an expression.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jabbar ThomasRe: Animation in AE
by on Jan 24, 2007 at 9:06:51 pm

Thanks!

I don't think an expression for the wheels in necessary in THIS case, but I will keep in mind.

Jabbar

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

bogiesanRe: Animation in AE
by on Jan 24, 2007 at 11:00:35 pm

>I have a few students with car chases in their short stories that are to be animated in AE.<

What is their level of comprehension of:
a. Animation
b. 3D
c. Filmmaking
?

Here's what I'd do:
Have them draw a cartoon car and learn how to do animation. Encourage them to take what they learn and create a more interesting project for next semester's Advanced AE Class.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]