Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Ribbon with Shadows Tute

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
dan811Ribbon with Shadows Tute
by on Oct 1, 2006 at 2:39:00 pm

Hi all

Just discovered this great COW tute from a while back:

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/page_wrapper.cgi?forumid=2&page=http:...

Anyone have any ideas on how I could get these ribbons to cast shadows onto a ground plane / each other? The original layer is a precomp so I'm not sure how to make the main comp create shadows from it

Thanks in advance

Danny

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Justin ProductionsRe: Ribbon with Shadows Tute
by on Oct 1, 2006 at 4:33:58 pm

You might want to turn the 3D switch on your precomped layer, then hit the Rasterized button (the little icon that looks like a sun in your timeline) and create a light.

Check out this great tutorial from Bryan Preston that explains the basics of precomposing.

Hope that helped.

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com
Adobe After Effects 6.5 Professional

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

dan811Re: Ribbon with Shadows Tute
by on Oct 2, 2006 at 8:17:03 am

Hi Justin

Sorry I should have mentioned I have all that set up. It seems to be a weird thing with ECHO SPACE.

If I have rasterize on it keeps the ribbon I have set up correctly shaped in 3D space and it accepts the lights but no shadows are cast onto the floor [Note all the correct switches are on and I don't have draft 3d on either]. If I turn off rasterise it casts the shadow but of course the 3d path I've made for the ribbon is flatterned into 2d.

I of course want both

Any ideas?

Danny

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]