Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Page turn.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Maryanne HamillPage turn.
by on Aug 28, 2006 at 5:57:43 pm

I'm looking to do a page turn in AE7. I know about CC page turn but that only goes to the edge of object in the comp. I want it to continue over to reveal the back page like a book. Then I want to cont. to turn the pages. I tried warp mesh. That continues past the edge but doesn't have highlights & shadows. I know there has to be a way in AE7.
Do anyone have an idea about how to accomplish a page turn like this? If not AE7, than what?
Thanks,
Maryanne

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

cow
Dave LaRondeRe: Page turn.
by on Aug 28, 2006 at 6:08:21 pm

I'd still use CC Page Turn.

There's a setting in it that will let you put stuff on the back page. You can also make the layers you want to turn bigger than the comp itself.

Working out multiple page turns can be tricky, but it can be done with more than one layer of the same page, then applying CC Page Turn as needed.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

yikesmikesRe: Page turn.
by on Aug 28, 2006 at 6:48:35 pm

Serge (head mounted on wall above) has a great 3D Book on his Examples-page 2, here:

http://www.nyc-visual.com/movies_2.html

Lots of good aep's on those pages.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sergio PimientaRe: Page turn.
by on Jun 7, 2012 at 6:47:56 am

I am Serge

SERGIO PIMIENTA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

RoRKRe: Page turn.
by on Aug 28, 2006 at 6:47:15 pm

Serge has gone through this a few times. Perform an Advanced COW Search for Page Turn and use Serge's name as the author.

Cheers
Roland Kahlenberg
broadcastGEMs
customizable animated backdrops with Adobe After Effects project files

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

ReloadedRe: Page turn.
by on Aug 29, 2006 at 3:37:01 pm

I have a project that I created for a photo album turning the pages right to left, If you want it I can send the project so you can see what I've done and then, you can create a similar project, on my screen, the left part is the background page and at the right of my screen I have the next page. Actually it's very easy, but if you need the background page to be seen over the last one, you'll need two pages for each one (one for the foreground and another for the background). Tell me where I can send the project to.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Maryanne HamillRe: Page turn.
by on Aug 29, 2006 at 6:51:46 pm

Thanks everyone. I think I'm on a good path. I knew it could be done in AE.
Reloaded- Thanks for your offer. Please send to maryann.hamill@gmail.com
Now you're not going to send my email to every strange phisher out there, are you? HHOK
Maryanne

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

erasmudjRe: Page turn.
by on Sep 4, 2006 at 6:29:23 am

Can you please send me your Project.
erasmur@eskom.co.za

Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sergio PimientaRe: Page turn.
by on Jan 12, 2011 at 6:59:02 pm

I also need that project. please send it to me, I'd like to see how you did it. Thanks in advance.

SERGIO PIMIENTA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

LisaWoofWoofRe: Page turn.
by on Jul 17, 2007 at 3:43:26 pm

Could you PLEASE send the project to me as well? I am trying to do a similar page turn project and I need help!
Thanks!!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

raoulschaafRe: Page turn.
by on Jul 23, 2007 at 12:56:54 pm

I'm trying to do a page turn project also so could you send me the file too? Thanks!! raoulschaaf@gmail.com

grtz

raoul

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ray LanRe: Page turn.
by on Aug 16, 2008 at 5:23:05 am

I am trying to do a similar page turn project and I need help!

Could you please email me your project.

rahmatjillan@gmail.com

Thanks!!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Maryanne HamillRe: Page turn.
by on Aug 18, 2008 at 1:19:05 pm

Unfortunately I no long have those project files. But I can tell you I used the page turn in After effects. Look under Distort/CC page turn. I set the pages up in Photoshop then brought them into AE. For the images on the opposite side of the page turn I had to flip/reverse thru photoshop in order for them to be right side in the AE project. If I remember correctly you can set where your pages are stationary. I anchored that on the spine of the magazine & played with the way I wanted the page turn to come in. Once I figured out the turn I duplicated that page & lined it up with the next page. Then changed the content on those pages using alt drag onto the page. Because I had set all the pages up in Photoshop they lined up correctly. I'll try to post a file of what the final project looked like. Might take a few days. Working on a project. Hope this helps.-Maryanne

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

simon rubinsteinRe: Page turn.
by on Jul 23, 2008 at 1:24:51 am

Reloaded. can you please send me the files as well
shreddmusic@gmail.com
thank you

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS