Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

What program do people use to create 3d text & logos?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
tommmmWhat program do people use to create 3d text & logos?
by on Jun 27, 2006 at 8:17:41 am

I've always wondered what the common program people use to create 3d text and logos. So when in AE as the logo shifts you can see the 3d aspect of it. Is there a popular program for creating these?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stefan TapperRe: What program do people use to create 3d text & logos?
by on Jun 27, 2006 at 8:55:09 am

I don't know what is used in common. But a quick and easy way to create 3d text or 3d logos out of illustrator files is the zaxwerks 3d Invigorator. You could even just create a cube and smack your logo as texture on the front.

http://www.zaxwerks.com/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

FranktatuRe: What program do people use to create 3d text & logos?
by on Jun 27, 2006 at 11:42:07 am

Hi there, 3D Invigorator is great for people who don't have access to a 3D program. I tried it and it's really good, but the render time is huge, so I still use 3D Studio Max for this kind of effect because of the render time (incredible smaller) and the animation tools (incredible easier and faster).
But 3D Invigorator is also very good and the best option for those who only use After Effects...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

EBarfieldRe: What program do people use to create 3d text & logos?
by on Jun 27, 2006 at 1:17:02 pm

I use 3D Invigorator Pro version (an upgrade to the Classic version you get with After Effects; or, at least, you got it with 6.5 version...not sure about 7.0, which I do have). With Pro version, you create your own text within the Invigorator plugin, which is nice. With classic version, you have to import text/graphics from Adobe Illustrator files.

I have 2 gig RAM (you almost MUST have 2 gig min.) and have done mostly simplified 3D stuff, with one or two complicated things, with Invig. Render time is fairly long, but, in general, it works fine once the learning curve is achieved.

egb

"deja vu all over again" -- Yogi Berra

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jon OkerstromRe: What program do people use to create 3d text & logos?
by on Jun 27, 2006 at 1:31:17 pm

In addition to 3D Invigorator, Zaxwerks offers ProAnimator.

It shares the same easy modeling and texturing workflow, but adds a very powerful behavior-based motion control system, which eliminates the need for keyframes. New with version 4.0 is the ability to use ProAnimator as a plug-in for After Effects or as a stand-alone application for those who don't want or need to involve After Effects.

As for "common" choices, you'll see Invigorator/ProAnimator on network and local television, as well as many other kinds of projects.

I'd recommend downloading the demos and running through some of the tutorials. If you get stuck, drop by the Zaxwerks forum. We'd be glad to help.

Jon Okerstrom
Zaxwerks COW leader

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

bobo007Re: What program do people use to create 3d text & logos?
by on Nov 3, 2006 at 8:03:59 pm

this can be done using the shatter filter,
i found a tutorial online on how to do this but i cant remember the location!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jimmy Van HoudtRe: What program do people use to create 3d text & logos?
by on May 25, 2007 at 6:56:08 am

Check the create a custom scatter map section in here:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/8.0/help.html?content=WS387852...

The alpha channel determines whether or not a shattered piece exists. A white alpha channel value results in a shattered piece, and a black alpha channel value results in no piece. Using an alpha channel, you can make a tile map with holes in it or generate simple 3D models like extruded text.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: What program do people use to create 3d text & logos?
by on Sep 17, 2007 at 4:18:10 am

Aharon Rabinowitz has a good tutorial that shows a few ways to make 3D extruded text in After Effects, using duplicate layers or the Shatter effect.

Here's a link to the page on which many of Aharon's tutorials are listed.

Here's a direct link to the video tutorial.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Todd Kopriva, technical editor, Adobe Systems Incorporated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]