Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

A little advice for newbie. AE v.s. Shake

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Will KeirA little advice for newbie. AE v.s. Shake
by on Mar 2, 2006 at 7:21:18 am

Greetings, I'm just getting into the wonderfully creative and complexe work of compositing. I too want to let my imagination run wild and show people the crazy idea's in my head. But what's the best way to do it?

I've been using Final Cut Pro for the last 6 months, and I've dabbled in Motion as well, but I have little or no experience with Shake or AE so I'm putting it to the experts.

If I'm going to spend my time, teaching myself to be an efficient and productive compositor I'd like to make sure I'm learning with the right program.

My question comes down to this, what program should I invest my time learning? Shake or Adobe After Effects.

My purpose, I want to had gun shots, muzzle flairs, moons behind clouds, and I want to be able to do it to moving shots. And especially this:

There's two main composites I want to make for a short film I've been working on.

1) I have 1-3 actors wearing cop uniforms, but I want 30 of them crawling a hill side. The shot is a moving shot. Is that going to be really hard?

2) I want to replace a dusk blue sky with a dark starry sky, for a shot that follows a stun man jumping off a huge bridge. The storie calls for the sceen to be night time, and the best we could get on digital was after the sun went down but before it was too dark to film. In the end the sky is much too light.

I'm really looking foward to learning about compositing, I really admire the work and creativity of all you compositing artists and any advice you could offer me would be of tremendous help.

Will Keir

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]