Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Educational Version

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
daveygEducational Version
by on Jan 18, 2006 at 1:08:59 am

OK. As someone who does this for a church, I really enjoy it. My budget isnt big AT ALL. im trying to figure out what comes with a release of AE 7.0 pro education version. If I buy the video bundle (what do I miss out on)

Color Finesse
Keylight
Etc.

Can someone shed some light for me. I am tired of being on the phone. Im going to leave this post on some other sites as well.. Thanks

Hopefully this is the place to ask.

daveyg

http://www.velocityouth.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

GregNeumayerRe: Educational Version
by on Jan 18, 2006 at 1:40:18 am

DaveyG,
To my knowledge, the edu version is always exactly the same as the standard version. The only difference is what they've ethically asked you to do and not do with the software. (that said, I wouldn't be surprised if they won't offer the pro version for edu fees since they figure it's for...well, pros!)

Check online for the breakdown between the pro and standard version. The biggest differences I can think of are keylight, some filters, and motion tracking, maybe wiggler. The standard version has no limitations that keep it from having the same quality. The only difference is the extras.

Just remember, if you ever start to sell your work, you need to pay the regular price for your software. I'm glad you're buying your software. God will honor your faithfulness. (actually, check the license to make sure that non-profits fall under the edu umbrella. They don't always.)

[I started learning AE as a designer at my church-- who had a "borrowed" copy of AE! I love asking my pastors if they're asking God to bless the work they're doing on software they've stolen. C'mon pastors. Take a step of faith. God's got the purse-strings.]

-Greg

Antifreeze Design
http://www.antifreezemotiongraphics.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

daveygRe: Educational Version
by on Jan 18, 2006 at 1:55:01 am

You are right. That is why I dont buy the software for the church. I buy it casue my wifes a teacher and use it for church stuff. But to ask God to bless something with stolen software is like a slap in the face. If you have any advice let me know.

My wife and I are actually going to be missionaries soon.

God Bless

daveyg

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve RobertsRe: Educational Version
by on Jan 18, 2006 at 1:57:03 am

[GregNeumayer] "To my knowledge, the edu version is always exactly the same as the standard version."

The educational version of 6.5 didn't come with all the CC effects. Don't know about 7.0.

Steve

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

daveygRe: Educational Version
by on Jan 18, 2006 at 2:04:27 am

Thats what Im looking for. I dont wish to make money for my work its all for our mission but I want to get the most for my dollar. If its the upgrade to retail version or stick with edu. Thanks for more input

daveyg

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bryan CarvajalRe: Educational Version
by on Jan 18, 2006 at 5:19:11 pm

I got my set up from acedemicsuperstore.com
Since I work for the public school system, I was eligible to buy the adobe video collection which included AE 6.5, PP 1.5, Encore 1.5 , Audition 1.5 (dont need it, don't like it, don't use it), PS CS and there books (giants :O) Funny thing is that althought its the education version and all the splash screens are taged with educational release, only AE doesn't have that tag :P But then 2 months later they release CS2 and Illustrator CS2 :( Im ok with PS but need to get an update to Illustrator as Im still on version 9 :O

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave SmithRe: Educational Version
by on Jan 19, 2006 at 2:18:19 am

As well as not having the cycore effects, AE 6.5 edu did not come with Zaxwerks. I believe zaxwerks been dropped from AE7 all together.

-dave

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

tomcarterRe: Educational Version
by on Jan 18, 2006 at 6:39:15 pm

Technically, as long you hit the education criteria in the first place then you are free to use the software for whatever you please, conscience free.

There's an FAQ about it here: http://www.adobe.com/education/purchasing/faq.html

I am in a similar postion being a student who does commercial work part time. Its very different with macromedia products though, so be careful.

Regards,
Tom

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bryan CarvajalRe: Educational Version
by on Jan 18, 2006 at 8:42:29 pm

oooohhhh SNAP!

Adobe is very kind :)

I think i might stay with the school system for a few more years :P

now if only I could get some serious hardware for good prices (decks, control boards, etc) :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]