Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Josh M AE6.5After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed
by on Jan 2, 2006 at 9:33:29 am

Hi,
I started up AE today and double clicked ont the project window to import some stuff when I got this message:

After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed. See http://www.adobe.com/support/products/aftereffects.html for know issues. If you still can't resolve the issue, please contant Adobe Technical Support (2).

( 0 :: 42)

I'm running on a 3GHZ Pentium 4, 1 gig of RAM and Windows XP Home SP2.

I tried all the things on the Adobe Help site: http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/324558.html but to no success. Does anyone have any other ideas? I've reinstalled it several times but I still get the problem.

Thanks

Josh M

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Barend OnneweerRe: After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed
by on Jan 2, 2006 at 1:06:52 pm

Try deleting your preference files. Start-up AE with the CTRL or Shift key down (I always forget) and a dialog box will come up asking if you want to trash the preferences.

Bar3nd

Forum COWmunity leader for:
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS
MAGIC BULLET SUITE
INDIE FILM & DOCUMENTARY

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tito PuenteRe: After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 10:55:23 pm

I think it might be the Quicktime installation, if you've been having problems starting quicktime, at the time you start After Effects it will throw you that message, I uninstalled quicktime and then my after started, of course it told me "Quicktime functions will be disabled because a compatible version of QuikTime could not be found"

Now I have to fix the Quicktime problem but at least I know I don't have to reinstall After Effects.

I'm running Windows 7 x64

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Leonardo FunesRe: After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed
by on Apr 6, 2010 at 5:59:47 pm

Im having THE SAME problem with Quicktime an AE CS4. Did you solve it? When hay starts AE it crashes but when I uninstall Quicktime it runs perfectly buy without Quicktime functions. Im driving me crazy, please help! Answer me if you can. Best! Leo.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Amin RodriguezRe: After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed
by on Aug 27, 2010 at 8:00:51 pm

how you doing guys, i hope you have solved your problem,if not this is how i solve it most of the time...

we all like fonts... alot.. sometimes we like it so much that we install every font we find kool, but after effects has a little bit of problem

caching most of those kool fonts ( i have 3,037 ).

what i did was booting my pc using HIREN'S BOOT CD in mini windows xp, download or if you have a backup of the basic xp fonts ( like me )

go to your windows folder in c: and cut and move the font folder to other drive and replace it with the basic one, reboot and voila! it worked

hope it helps. ;-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike BandaRe: After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed
by on Nov 30, 2011 at 10:18:43 am

After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed (0:42)

CRASH DATA
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE crashreport SYSTEM "AdobeCrashReporter.dtd">

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]