Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

High-Pass in After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
TomHigh-Pass in After Effects?
by on Jun 13, 2005 at 8:16:38 pm

allo allo

anyone know of a high-pass effect in AE or another to get the same results besides unsharp mask?

thanks for any help!

Tom
tomsweetser@yahoo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: High-Pass in After Effects?
by on Jun 14, 2005 at 5:37:53 pm

I'm familiar with the term "High-Pass" as an audio filter, not one used in visual effects, so I'm not really understanding what you mean. Can you elaborate?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

TomRe: High-Pass in After Effects?
by on Jun 14, 2005 at 10:22:54 pm

if you knew the high-pass filter in photoshop..you'd know what i mean... like unsharp mask, but much better job with less degredation to the image.

photoshop... layer - duplicate, filter>other>high-pass, hard-light transfer mode on the high-pass layer, and adjust layer's opacity to desired level (usually around 50-70%) ...that's what i mean

Tom
tomsweetser@yahoo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave LaRondeRe: High-Pass in After Effects?
by on Jun 15, 2005 at 3:26:48 pm

Ah. That would explain it. I come from the school that regards Photoshop as a necessary evil in the creation of motion graphics, so I know little about its more arcane uses. I let people who don't expect their pictures to move make photoshop stuff for me.

If you don't get a nibble soon, just re-post with a subject like, "AE Equivalent to Photoshop High-Pass Filter?" I bet you get the info you need.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]