Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

television distortions - phase shifts - noise

COW Forums : DigiEffects

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
nils palmentelevision distortions - phase shifts - noise
by on May 21, 2005 at 5:24:13 pm

hellow,

i searched the forum but seems like noone except me has asked this before.

i want to make distortions and tv noise. The tv noise can be done by fractal noise plugin and stuff - or be taken from PI. so that i know.

but i want to make a kind of phase shift in the image - that it gets distorted. or like the connections of the tv screen fail to give signal - or distortions caused by an antenna that fails catching the tv-signal from the aire to pass through to the tv set ...

are there any titorials or plugins that can do the trick? anyone have experience with this effect?

tnx... .n.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

john dickinsonRe: television distortions - phase shifts - noise
by on May 22, 2005 at 7:20:50 am

Tinderbox 3 from The Foundry has an effect called "bad tv" which is perfect for this kind of thing.

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave JohnsonRe: television distortions - phase shifts - noise
by on May 22, 2005 at 7:57:28 am

There's a Tinderbox plug called BadTV and a DigiEffects one called Video Malfunction...it's been a while so I don't recall which one I prefer, but I think they both work pretty well and offer lots of options. Buena Software also has a related one called Digital Interference...it gives the look of a DV tape fast forwarding or breaking up. As with all of them, the same effect can also be done with AE's own tools, but the plugs are definitely worth looking at if you have the budget.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]