Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

After Effects CS6 12.2 terribly slow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jayne Amara RossAfter Effects CS6 12.2 terribly slow
by on Dec 16, 2013 at 9:17:13 pm

Dear fellow editors,

I am having great trouble with After Effects CS6 12.2.
Performance is excruciatingly slow. I can barely open the project now, I just get the message: 'Opening… 100 percent complete' - sometimes this allows me to see the project after 10 minutes or the project just stops responding. Saving this project (that includes simple compositions, I use AE for motion tracking and colour grading, not much else).
Here are my system details:
Macbook pro with a 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 processor
Memory 16GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
I am currently running OS X 10.8.5 and got AE through Creative Cloud.

If you have any advice, I would be really grateful!

All the best,
Jayne

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jayne Amara RossRe: After Effects CS6 12.2 terribly slow
by on Dec 16, 2013 at 10:27:26 pm

I am sorry, I just realised that part of my sentences was incomplete. I meant 'saving the project is also excruciatingly slow and most often AE stops responding'!
Any help on this would be great!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects CS6 12.2 terribly slow
by on Dec 16, 2013 at 11:16:31 pm

First, I'm confused by your subject line. You say "After Effects CS6 12.2". Do you mean After Effects CS6 (11.0.x) or After Effects CC (12.x)? They are different things.

Is this a new problem? Was this project opening correctly for you before? If so, what changed? Did you recently install an update? If so, exactly which one (and how)?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 16, 2013 at 11:23:55 pm

Hi Todd,
Thanks for your reply.
I am sorry, its AE CC version 12.2 installed via Creative Cloud (I am using the months rental system).
Nothing changed, I installed the update (12.2) in an effort to find a solution to this problem.
I use a lot of Warp Stabilizer, do you think that this may be the problem?
I have just tried opening a CS 5 project and it seems to be working fine.
I don't understand…
Do you have any ideas?
Thanks,
Jayne

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects CS6 12.2 terribly slow
by on Dec 16, 2013 at 11:56:52 pm

So you're saying that it was slow before the update?

If you're having problems with slowness to open and save projects with Warp Stabilizer, see this:
http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2012/05/memory-and-storage-tips-for-war...

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 16, 2013 at 11:57:28 pm

Yes!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

steve martinRe: After Effects CS6 12.2 terribly slow
by on Dec 22, 2013 at 7:59:37 pm

Yes, AE 12.2 is slow to save for me too.

I think it's a bug. AE is buggy software IMO. 12.1 would give me a memory error message on closing, and now this in 12.2 Sigh...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brandon PodellRe: After Effects CS6 12.2 terribly slow
by on Dec 25, 2013 at 5:50:33 am

This happened to me before when I had a giant-sized After Effects project file. If the project file is small, it will open and save quickly. If the project file is large, it will open and save slowly. If it's over 50 - 150 MB, depending on it stats of your computer, it may take forever to open and save. Even though it says that it's 100% complete, it still may not be anywhere close to 100%. It could easily take over 10 minutes to open a project this large.

If you're able to get the project to open, then try reducing the file size. You can do this by using compositions for repetitive footage, deleting unused files in the project panel, deleting unused footage in the timeline, removing unused effects, and deleting unused keyframes. You can always render and export footage with effects applied to them, import the rendered footage, and delete the footage with the effects.

Like BPodell Productions on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BPodellProductions

View my Film Portfolio: http://www.brandonpodell.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]