Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Faster Rendering with both AE and PP CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Shane SackettFaster Rendering with both AE and PP CS6
by on Feb 12, 2013 at 5:10:09 am

Hi everyone, I recently bought a computer to handle hd video editing and rendering better than my previous one. However, I notice that it still is not rendering at speeds I believe it should be capable of. Any tips to speed things up? The following are my computer specs:

h9-1420t Intel
• Windows 8 64
• 3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 quad-core processor [3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
• 3GB Nvidia GeForce GT640 [DVI, HDMI and VGA via adapter]
• 16GB DDR3-1600MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]
• 2TB 7200RPM SATA RAID 5 (3 x 1TB HDD)
• No secondary hard drive

Here are some things I've tried for speeding this up:

-I keep my source footage on a second partition of my internal hard drive
-I have enabled multiprocessing in AE and toyed around with how much ram to allocate to each core
-I have tried using shift to deactivate the previews during rendering
-I've disabled the video thumbnail in the project media window
-I never run any other applications when rendering
-I have enabled GPU processing

Can anyone think of something else, or do you see any obvious mistakes I'm making??

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: Faster Rendering with both AE and PP CS6
by on Feb 12, 2013 at 5:24:42 am

See this page for resources about making Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects work faster: http://adobe.ly/eV2zE7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rebecca LocheRe: Faster Rendering with both AE and PP CS6
by on Feb 12, 2013 at 12:53:48 pm

hmmm

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Marina LeontopoulosRe: Faster Rendering with both AE and PP CS6
by on Feb 12, 2013 at 4:55:43 pm

At first you should take a look at the task manager. Is the CPU working at 100%? How much RAM (physical) is being used? Did you try out a SSD?

And also important: What components did your old computer have?
I moved from an Intel Q9550 with 8GB RAM to an Intel i7 3770K with 32GB RAM and it really made a huge difference...

Rina

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane SackettRe: Faster Rendering with both AE and PP CS6
by on Feb 15, 2013 at 7:56:21 pm

The cpu is running at 100% but only about 15% of my ram is being used. My old computer was simply just a standard 2011 Macbook Pro i7 with 16gb of ram.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: Faster Rendering with both AE and PP CS6
by on Feb 15, 2013 at 8:00:19 pm

Don't think that you need to see all of your RAM used all of the time. If the CPUs are at 100% and the RAM usage is at 15%, then this just happens to be a rendering task that is not RAM-intensive.

Follow the link that I provided earlier, and read/watch the resources that it points to. For example, this video introduces the idea of bottlenecks in processing, which is relevant to what I just said above:
http://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/overview-of-data-flow-and-common-bott...

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]