Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Scribe Videos!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Dennis ChangScribe Videos!
by on Dec 25, 2012 at 11:50:28 pm

Hello fellow Cows!

Today, I have found myself udderly stumped in the process of planning out some whiteboard animations. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how animators are able to add and alter the lines in their drawings without having their hands right *in* the drawings with their pens *right over top* of their sketches.

I would like to figure out how to have the pictures move without the hand in the picture, while maintaining analog the hand-drawn look (no Strokes).

Here is an example of something that uses this technique:

This video looks to be shot raw and done without Strokes or much, if any, post-processing.

Look, I apologize in advance as I'm sure it's an easy solution, but I am clueless.

Thank you so, so, so much in advance.

Dennis

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd KoprivaRe: Scribe Videos!
by on Dec 26, 2012 at 4:19:27 am

It looks to me to just be classic animation: Draw a frame, take a picture, draw another frame, take another picture, etc... except for the parts of the video that are sped-up footage of the hand-in-frame drawing process.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Vishesh AroraRe: Scribe Videos!
by on Dec 26, 2012 at 6:45:14 am

Dennis

I agree with Todd. It seems to be a Stop Motion Animation. Drawing frames one by one, take a still and then play all together.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Dennis ChangRe: Scribe Videos!
by on Dec 26, 2012 at 2:09:52 pm

Wow, ok. I think it's only obvious this is the case. I'll do my best with it and try to post up my findings when I'm done.
Thank you all so very very much.
Happy holidays!

Dennis

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]