Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

Cinema 4d exchange plugin and AE CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Roger BurtonCinema 4d exchange plugin and AE CS6
by on Aug 30, 2012 at 10:42:43 am

Hi chaps I've just downloaded the C4D demo and have put the correct plugin into AE but when I open AE I get "after effects error opening resource file "C4Dformat.aex" - bit of a problem really - anyone any ideas please ... the .aex file came from the folder in C4D named "CS5-CS6" though on the Maxon site the downloads for the file only go up to CS5 ?

Roger

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Isaac BorjasRe: Cinema 4d exchange plugin and AE CS6
by on Aug 31, 2012 at 4:54:09 pm

i have used Cinema 4D with after effects and i haven't had any sort of these problems, i recomend you to go to the Maxon website and download the plugin from there even if it say CS5 or CS5.5 it will work with CS6 cuz the 3 of then are 64bits (Tested and does work), other than that i really don't know what the issue can be

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roger BurtonRe: Cinema 4d exchange plugin and AE CS6
by on Sep 1, 2012 at 6:23:02 am

Thanks Isaac... yes that worked fine but now I can save a C4D project and open it in AE but there is no 'Export to C4D" option in the After Effects export menu ... any ideas ?

Roger

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 1, 2012 at 4:57:13 pm

well that's weird if you can import the *.aec file created by C4D you should have that Export to C4D in " File > Export > CINEMA 4D Exporter...

Remember this is just if you want to use AE Data in C4D, if you want to use the *.aec you just need to Drag & Drop that file in After Effects or just doble click and load the file.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roger BurtonRe: Cinema 4d exchange plugin and AE CS6
by on Sep 2, 2012 at 8:08:33 am

Well now it's working ... thanks so much - Roger

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 2, 2012 at 4:41:01 pm

Glad it working for you and You're Welcome

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John StocktonRe: Cinema 4d exchange plugin and AE CS6
by on Oct 20, 2012 at 9:18:58 am

Hi, I have the cs5.5 plugun and the new AE export to c4d plugin and niether work. I even re-downloaded them and re-installed them and they still do not work. Also windows doesn't see them as plugins. When i go to there properties and try to assign AE CS6 as there application win 7 refuses to allow me to do that and instead assigns acrobat reader whether i like it or not. I previously had my old version of CS5 running along side CS6 but just uninstalled as when I was exporting to AE it was exporting to CS5. I thought if i uninstalled cs5 it would automatically defalt to CS6 but nothing that easy.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]