Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS:HomeForumBasicsExpressionsTutorialsPodcastsAE TechniquesCreative Cloud DebateFAQ

RAM preview issues with After Effects 6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Brad PhillipsRAM preview issues with After Effects 6
by on Aug 9, 2012 at 2:30:24 am

Hello All,

I'm having issues doing RAM previews with AE6. The ram preview just stops after rendering 2 frames of however many frames of the portion I'm trying to preview.

The specs of my system are as follows:

Mac Pro Workstation
2x 2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
32 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM RAM
MAC OS Lion 10.7.4
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2048MB Graphics Card

I even went out and got a SDD to use for RAM cache but I can't get AE6 to work well enough to see the benefit. I am getting CS3 and CS5 to work fine on my system.

Any thoughts? I'm really hoping to get it working properly. Is there a thread on optimal settings?

Thanks,

Brad

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John CuevasRe: RAM preview issues with After Effects 6
by on Aug 9, 2012 at 2:40:31 am

Try turning off multi-processing, RAM preview, then clear your cache, turn MP back on and RAM preview. I've had some strangeness with the MP and sometimes previewing with it turned off fixes it.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]